Many people primarily focus on the selection and use of personal protective equipment, but they overlook the maintenance and care. It’s a very important step when using PPE. In this article, we’ve provided a brief PPE maintenance procedures checklist.
- Clean and disinfect them after use.
- Check for problems that could potentially interfere with the functionality and efficiency of the product.
- Store it in a place that is environmentally stable/friendly.
- Leave the respirator in a position that the original position of the mask came in to maintain their shape.
- Clean face shields or safety glasses with soap and warm water.
- Before wiping the lenses, rinse with water to prevent scratching.
- Store your eyewear protection equipment in an area that is preferably dust free.
- Replace any kind of eye protection that impairs vision.
- Keep your gloves clean and dry.
- Always carry a spare pair in case your gloves do get wet.
- Check for malfunctions like holes or cracks.
- Replace damaged or worn gloves immediately.
As we know, the pandemic is slowly gaining strength again. As a precaution, please take the time to follow our proper PPE maintenance procedures checklist. It’s important to keep in mind for the safety of both the practitioner as well as the patients.
Follow us on social media to keep updated with the most recent news.